We hope this message finds you and your families well! Our hearts go out to those who have experienced personal loss during this unprecedented time. At Beverly Hills Optometry, the health of our patients, staff, and community is our number one priority.
As we reopened on May 12th, extra protective measures have been set in place. We enacted strict protocols for patient screening, in-office sanitization, PPE requirements for patients and staff, and social distancing within our offices.
Updated as of May 22th, 2020, these are our current, detailed protective measures:
1) Patients will fill out a brief COVID screening questionnaire prior to their appointment. The questionnaire typically takes about 30-60 seconds to submit electronically. It will commonly be sent with the appointment reminder within 24-48 hours of visiting the practice.
2) Patient & staff TEMPERATURES will be taken DAILY (with a non-contact thermometer) as well as screened for evidence of infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, aches, anyone in the household that is infected, etc).
3) We request ALL staff & patients wear FACE PROTECTION to reduce risk while in the in-office. We have also ADDED larger protective shields to our slit lamp microscopes.
4) We are SANITIZING common, high touch areas/surfaces frequently throughout the day.
5) We are LIMITING the number of patients in-office to promote social distancing.
6) We are LIMITING access to the practice to patients with appointments only. We ask any accompanying friends or family to wait outside. Overflow patients are asked to wait in their vehicles.
7) Staff members are REQUIRED to wash their hands or hand sanitize between and during patient care. Patients are ENCOURAGED to wash their hands or hand santize as frequently as necessary.
*These protocols are not static and they may evolve in the coming days or weeks.