Are you tired of dealing with the discomfort and frustration of dry eyes? Millions of patients suffer from this condition, but there is hope. With the latest office-based treatments, you can finally find relief and get back to your daily activities without the constant irritation and discomfort of dry eyes.
Below are some of the most performed procedures at Beverly Hills Optometry - Advanced Dry Eye Center:
1. OptiLight: Optilight is the first and only FDA-approved light therapy device to manage dry eye secondary to meibomian gland dysfunction. This revolutionary treatment that uses Intense Pulse Light (IPL) to target abnormal blood vessels leaking inflammatory meditators. OptiLight also works by stimulating the Meibomian glands in your eyelids to increase oil production, which is essential for keeping your eyes lubricated and healthy. With OptiLight, most patients experience relief from dry eyes within 4 sessions, each lasting about 10-15 minutes.
2. Meibomian Gland Probing (MGP): MGP involves the safe insertion of a 1mm, 2mm, or 4mm probe into each of your Meibomian gland openings to clear fibrotic or scar tissues that leads to unwanted blockages. These blockages can create severe and frequent symptoms such as lid tenderness, burning, scratchiness, redness, irritation, and more. Once the scar tissue is relieved, the oil within the glands improves their outflow. This helps to reduce inflammation and improve the quality of your tears. Meibomian Gland Probing is a short 30-45 minute in-office procedure, which can provide long-lasting relief from dry eyes.
3. LipiFlow: LipiFlow is another innovative MGD treatment that uses continuous heat and gentle pressure to unclog Meibomian glands and improve oil flow. This noninvasive treatment can be done in-office within 15-minutes, and it has been shown to provide significant relief from dry eyes. Manual expression post-Lipiflow is optional.
4. TearCare: TearCare is a treatment that uses optimal heat (at 41-45 degrees Celsius) for 15-minutes. Once the heat liquifies and loosen the waxy meibum, a clearance instrument is used to unclog the glands. Shortly after the unhealthy oils are evacuated, patients report a significant improvement in their symptoms as well as the function of their Meibomian glands. This treatment is an open eye experience, can be customized to the patient's needs, and provides long-lasting relief from MGD.
5. iLux: iLux is a handheld device that simultaneously heat and expresses the glands to unclog Meibomian glands and improve oil outflow. This treatment is quick and painless, and it can be done in-office in about 10-15 minutes. iLux has been shown to provide significant relief from dry eyes, and it is a popular choice among patients.
6. BlephEx: BlephEx is a treatment that uses a specialized device to gently remove debris and bacteria from your eyelids and eyelashes. This can help to improve the overall health of your eyes and reduce inflammation secondary to microbial overgrowth, which can lead to relief from dry eyes, blepharitis, and MGD. It typically takes 5-10 minutes to perform.
Don't let dry eyes hold you back any longer. With these innovative office-based treatments, you can finally find the relief you need to get back to your daily activities. Contact our office to schedule your consultation and learn more about these effective treatments.